I look forward to speaking at the West Virginia Employment Lawyers Association’s annual conference on October 12 and 13, 2018, at Hawk’s Nest State Park in Ansted, West Virginia.
I will be speaking and presenting an article on the Harless wrongful discharge doctrine, which deals with termination of employees where the employer’s motivation allegedly violates a substantial public policy.
I will also be presenting an article and participating in a panel discussion on social networking & electronic discovery issues.
Here is information on the conference, joining the WVELA, and attending the conference.
On March 29, 2017, I will be speaking and presenting an article on “The Perilous Intersection of FMLA and ADA,” at a seminar hosted by Sterling Education Services. The Seminar, “Employment Law: Rights, Benefits, and Emerging Issues,” will take place in Morgantown, West Virginia. If you would like to attend the seminar click here for more information and a registration form.
Here is the agenda for my speech and article:
- FMLA updates
- ADA updates and EEOC guidelines
- Expansion of what can be considered a “disability”
- What constitutes “reasonable accommodation” according to the EEOC
- Discrimination and violations
- Review and update written policies and job descriptions
- Overlap of FMLA and ADA: finding the right balance