You can subscribe to the articles in my blog a number of different ways. Here are some of your options:
Subscribe using the form below:
The easiest way to subscribe to my blog, so that you automatically receive emails notifying you of my new blog articles, is to use the email subscription form (labeled “Subscribe to Blog Via Email”) in the right hand column on this blog (and if you are on a tablet or a phone, the subscription form may appear near the bottom of the page). Enter your email address in the subscription form and click the subscribe button.
After you enter your email address and click “Subscribe”, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription by clicking a link in the confirmation email, and then you are subscribed.
Subscribe with this widget:
Click on this widget (the “Subscribe” button below), and it will give you several options for subscribing to my blog:
For those of you who are not familiar with the concept of RSS (really simple syndication) feeds, click here for a helpful article at Wikipedia.
Subscribe through Oulook’s RSS feed settings:
If you use Microsoft Outlook for email, you can configure it so that you will automatically receive emails whenever I post new blog articles. The email you receive is customizable, but by using the Outlook default options this will happen: after I post new blog article, the next time you open Outlook, Outlook will identify the fact there there is a new blog article, and you will receive en email including the blog article, with a link to go to the full article in your Internet browser on my blog site.
Here are the steps for telling Outlook 2007 to “subscribe” to my blog so that you receive emails with new blog articles (and the instructions are similar for other versions of Outlook):
- In Outlook, pull down your Tools menu, and chose “Account settings”.
- That opens the Account settings dialog box, and click on the “RSS Feeds” tab.
- In the RSS Feeds tab, click the “New” button.
- That opens a small dialog entitled “New RSS Feed”. Insert into that dialog box my RSS feed URL for my blog: http://www.dcemploymentlawblog.com/feed and then click the Add button.
- That will open a dialog box entitled “RSS Feed Options”.
- That dialog should have the name of my blog in the “Feed name”. Make any changes you wish (usually no changes will be necessary), and click the OK button.
- That takes you can to the “Account Settings” dialog box.
- My blog name will be added to your list of RSS feeds, probably with a “pending” indication that will go away eventually after you close the dialog box. Click the Close button to close this dialog box.
- Unless you change any of the defaults in the RSS Feed Options page, Outlook will then automatically create a Mail sub-folder entitled “Drew Capuder’s Employment Law Blog”. By default, that sub-folder should be in a Mail folder entitled “RSS Feeds”. Outlook then downloads as emails copies of the last several articles on my blog, and each email contains a link to go to the complete article on my blog site.
- After that, whenever I post a new article to my blog, you will automatically receive an email in Outlook.
Your can read Microsoft’s instructions on RSS feeds in Outlook here.